Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A lesson in contrasts

I'm a little late on a post about my weekend because I spend most of my time sleeping and drinking my way through the despair of Scottish Winter Part II: the Wettening.

Ew. I grossed myself out just there.

Anyway, in retrospect this weekend had a little something for everyone, and by "everyone" I mean people who live in trailers and people who live in mansions. So, not most people. Friday night started with the laudible plan of finding some live music to listen/dance to. What could be more fun?!

Apparently, sitting in my bedroom listening to gansta rap and drinking massive amounts of vodka. Witness photographic evidence below:

The gin (well, vodka)
The juice
Sippin' on it
Throwin' down some mad gang signs
We went from this...
...to this...
...and, inevitably, ended with this.

So, that was...a night.

In an effort to regain a sense of classiness, Saturday night took me to the ballet, where the Russian State company was performing (of course) "Swan Lake." My pictures are all terrible, so please enjoy these ones I stole from the interwebs:

The Playhouse...I appreciated its red-velvetiness.
Nothing says artistic expression like dancing en masse in straight lines.
Love means...risking avian flu?
Anyway, the performance was good, though it seemed like the dancers couldn't hear the orchestra; one solo was so off-tempo that I thought the conductor might have been exercising a personal grudge against the poor dancer. That's UNPROFESSIONAL. Mostly it was nice to get dressed up/out of my pajamas and feel like a viable person again. And if nothing else, watching one of the classic story ballets is a really good way to feel immediately better about your life choices. I mean, yes I am living in squalor, pursuing a pointless and antiquated future, but I COULD be a suicidal were-swan.

It's about perspective.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not gonna lie, I would pick Biggie and Vodka over the Ballet ANY day of the week.

    Except Thursdays. That's reserved for Ke$ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funnily enough, what this post does not show/own up to is that Friday's gansta-fest actually began with me forcing my PIC to listen to "We R who we R" maybe...15 times?

    Dancing like we're dumb, indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Try "Blow". It will give you a new (lack) of respect for James Van Der Beek.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think my lack of respect for JvdB could get any lackier. I think that's what lack means.

    ReplyDelete