Friday, May 6, 2011

Olé!

Happy belated Cinco de Mayo, everyone! I am so excited to be able to focus my eyes again.

So, I am going to ask you all not to judge me and my evening, when I tell you that this photo of my friend owning the margarita pitcher is honestly the only one I have from the entire night:

Isn't she lovely?

It actually wasn't as bad as all that, if for no other reason that us Americans had to spend so long explaining the concept of Cinco de Mayo to our Caledonian amigos that there literally wasn't any time left for drinking. Le sigh, Scotland, it isn't difficult. Every fifth of May, all of America's young and dissolute residents get together to drink copious amounts of tequila and eat nachos, and justify the whole thing by saying it's the Mexican day of Independance. It isn't. And when I say "Americans," I mean us guys in the middle. Sometimes Canada.

Anyway, like Red Nose Day, it seems that some things just don't translate transatlantically. Perhaps I should let this (NSFW) educational video do the 'splainin (yeah, that's Cuban. I know).


Hey, at least it's not Speedy Gonzales. Feliz Tequila, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment