Sunday, December 12, 2010

Therapy knickers and bulk lint

And just like that, it's all ovah, folks. First semester has come to an end, and I am left with ten days to fill, Caldonian-style, before I head back to the states and Christmas with the family. I don't think three months has ever passed so quickly, but then, mortal fear of failure will do that to time. It's actually a little-known corollary to Einstein's continuum.

So far I haven't done much oot and aboot since Thursday's paper submission-induced panic. I did go shopping with a friend afterward and had my first peppermint mocha of the holiday season, which was a nostalgia-tinged sugarbomb, as always.


The view from the 'Bucks. That's right, it's a castle.

We also stopped by my favorite old lady department store, which is all decked out in lights and evergreen boughs...tasteful, as all things associated with old ladies would hopefully, or for-the-love-of-godfully, be (though this is where we found the sign for "therapy knickers." Not too sure about those).


There was mucho celebrating after the official deadline on Friday--"celebrating"--and I spent all day Saturday regrowing my stomach and learning to use my legs again. Oh, the joys of the season.On a related note, the next time I get it into my head to drink an entire bottle of wine, please someone just bludgeon me with it instead.

Today's super-exciting plan is to go grocery shopping, as I have not only eaten all of my food, but most of my flatmate's, while she has been in Berlin. Oops. I've been trying to decide just how little I need to get by until next Tuesday, when I leave, and I think I've narrowed it down to bread, eggs and mayonaise. After the grocery shopping, who knows? It's ALL wild and crazy up in here--I might even clean my room! Watch out, Edinburgh, Katie's got the spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment