Saturday, November 27, 2010

Edinburgh Thanksgiving!

Whew! Just now recovering from hosting Thanksgiving at the flat last night...I am thankful that it was a potluck, otherwise I don't think I would have made it. As it was, my flatmate and I drank our way through the preparations, we compromised with three ready-prepared rotisserie chickens instead of a turkey because none of us know how to cook whole poultries and we barely had enough food for the horde that showed up. Of course, I mean horde in the best possible way. A horde of friends.

Dinner was sooooo good, everything turned out really well, including my totally invented haggis stuffing. THAT'S RIGHT. I put HAGGIS in the STUFFING. It was delicious! A new classic is born; my father should be very proud.

About middway through dinner, the snow that's been predicted all week started to fall. So of course we totally bailed on cleaning up anything (sorry flatmates) and rushed out to walk in the stuff. Love snow. LOVE IT.



Anyway, this post is a little half-assed. I apologize. Hopefully the slideshow will adequately convey the madness.

And now it's okay to listen to Christmas music! Ps, Haley and I created a Christmas song playlist for while we were cooking, but I knew we were in trouble when she was searching for the best of Destiny's Child holiday albums, and I was hunting for Band Aid. Oh, those diff'rent strokes.

No comments:

Post a Comment