Sunday, November 14, 2010

Wheeeewwww...

So, I spent most of Saturday being talked down off of the panic ledge...you know the place, where you've built the skyscraper of doubts and fears and possibility after possibility in your mind and then you step out to the edge of it and this is what you see:

Those cars down there? Those are the cars of failure.

Yeah. That's where I've been, only not in brogues. And in my mind.

But thanks to my certified board of American complaint handlers (not re-routed to India, thank you very much) I was able to take a few steps back, calm down, watch some cartoons...maybe this wasn't "dealing with the panic" so much as "regressing to childhood because of panic." Freud would know.

Anyway, got through the night, woke up, ate some eggs and POUNDED THE SHIT out of a rough draft of a paper. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's really, really rough, but it feels SO GOOD to just get it out of my brain.

As a reward, I would like to give myself the night off and watch a movie (I'm thinking The Exorcist; ever since that demonic possession lecture I've been wanting to see Linda Blair's head spin round, plus me and the romantic comedy are not on good terms these days), but I have 150 pages of republic motherhood stuff to read. Republican effing motherhood. Can you even imagine anything less pertinent to my interests? I like dead white men. That's what I like. Call me oppressed, tell me I'm not in touch with my inner goddess, I don't care. I like 'em dead, I like 'em white, and most of all I like 'em male.

Um, historically speaking.

So I'm a little peeved about that, but I can't quite bring myself not to do the reading at all. Maybe I'll skim it and then coast on the fact that I am a woman, and if the professor challenges me on my lack of familiarity with the assigned texts, I'll just spout off about female oppression. Or start talking about menstruation. That usually shuts people up.

Apparently, feeling succesful in my endeavors translates to blatant and unwarrented aggression on my part. Good to know.

I should have more interesting posts to come later this week because it's HARRY POTTER WEEK! In my mind this is like Rex Manning Day, but longer and with less sideburns.

Imagine with a wand.

So if you're a Harry Potter fan--and if you're not, I really don't know why we're friendly enough for you to know about this blog in the first place--more fun times to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment