Sunday, November 28, 2010

Legit wonderland

Apparently I have entered a productivity trough. The upside is that the blog suddenly appears to be a capital way of avoiding my work, much better than a third shower or another nap, and so new entries may abound as I gradually lose all hope of improving my schoolwork. Yay!

It has been snowing like crazy here since last night, probably five inches worth all told. I think, as long as I live, I'll rush to the window to see the snow falling outside. This morning a bunch of us walked through town to the castle, as it was supposed to be open for free because of St. Andrew's Day, but what did we find when we got there? That it was closed due to "extreme weather"! WHAT?! That's absurd! It's a freaking castle...it was built to withstand cannonfire, for chrissake, and it can't handle a little snow? I think this is a blatant attempt by the notoriously thrifty Scots to thwart those visitors who thought they could get around paying £10 to see Edinburgh's most famous site. Bejabbers.

St. Andrew...he looks like a party animal, doesn't he?

So instead we went to the city's German Christmas Market (what does that say about humanity--extreme weather may close down historical and cultural inquiry, but will never dampen the sale of mass produced trinkets. No, stop it...there's not to be any cynicism over Christmas. Goodwill toward men starts now). It was really, really fun, with the snow falling, all the lights, mulled wine...mmmmmmmmmmmm.



Now I am home and seriously considering that third shower, anything to avoid my work just a little longer...just a little bit longer...just...a little...

No comments:

Post a Comment