Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Also, my Chinese flatmates think I look like Julia Roberts. Just saying.

People, I have been on FIRE the last couple days. In my morning class yesterday, the professor said that my comments had really gotten to the crux of the matter...not once, but like three times. THREE cruxes! And this is the professor I insulted, no less (fyi, that turned out okay, but I am really tired of bringing out my apologetic email template).

Then, in my afternoon class, I was commended for having "quite eloquently" expressed reservations about interdisciplinary study. SHA-ZAM. Later, the professor was making a point and asked who had mentioned "political correctness" in their reading response, because it really got to the--wait for it--crux of the debate. AND THAT WAS ME AGAIN. But I didn't say anything, because a lot of the people in that class were also in my morning one, and I didn't want them to hate me because I'm beautiful (in the mind). Not too much.

But people, here is the thing. It's not me. I think there is a chemical reason for my sudden academic domination, a sort of intellectual PCP that I've discovered, and it is manufactured by AirWick.

Before you ask--I am not huffing. Jeez.

So my room smells really, really weird. It's not me, it smelled this way when I got here. I think it might be the paint. A few days ago, I bought a gel air freshener in an effort to cover up what I couldn't eradicate (and my mother thinks she never taught me how to manage a household). It is supposed to smell like mulled wine, but I think it would be better if the packaging listed the scent as "NOT mulled wine" because really, that's the only thing I'm sure it doesn't smell like.


Anyway.

This ish is STRONG. My entire room now smells like not mulled wine. But more than that, I think the gel molecules are beginning to fuse with my brain cells, resulting in some kind of mutant genius.

BUT I THINK WE ALL KNOW HOW THIS ENDS:

1 comment: