Saturday, October 2, 2010

Flora

For lack of anything better to do, I went to find the river Leith today. I figured, if I just kept heading downhill, I was bound to run smack into it...I don't need your stinkin' guidebooks! But as it turns out, rivers are shy and elusive creatures, apt to hide when they hear you clomping along toward their delicate banks. So I didn't ever find it.

I did, however, find the Royal Botanical Gardens. And once there, I found that I was starving, and that I had no money, and they had no ATM. So I did a quick tour of the gardens (beautiful) and went to find food (miraculous).



Then I did my grocery shopping. This may be the first trip I've made where I haven't brought home anything bacon flavored. I think it means that I'm growing as a person. And now, as shameful as it feels, I am going to take a nap. Mmm, the afternoon nap...God's gift to the professional student.

1 comment:

  1. general Comments from Uncle Worm.
    Rivers, like all water and most humans, take the course of least resistance. So if you want to find a river just take the easiest path and you will soon be wet.
    Your Mother may have seen the Collen Moore dollhouse.
    Try some hagus, whne you get a chance.

    Love,
    UW

    ReplyDelete