Friday, October 29, 2010

I'm SORRY. Gosh.

I now understand why the only good blogs are run by professional bloggers: it is because it is IMPOSSIBLE to have a life interesting enough to blog about, while also living one's real, boring life and then finding the time to separate the two and distill down into an entry, all on a regular basis and with pictures and other media. So I'm SORRY, but it's HARD.

Part of the problem recently is that the "Holy-Jesus-I-need-to-find-three-separate-paper-topics-in-the-next-week-and-a-half-while-also-finding-time-to-sleep-but-fuck-it-who-has-time-to-sleep" panic has set in. I have accumulated, squirrel-like, my own private library of sources, which I now have to read, comprehend and synthesize into three distinct arguments, all before next week. Unfortunately, I am still in the reading phase.

Word.

Still, things are becoming slightly more clear, and I get to focus on my favorite harpings: the state, natural law, power and oppression, with a little soupçon of religiosity and the wilderness thrown in for good measure. If my papers were a person, they would look like this:


Which may be the reason they've been a bit hard to pin down.

The upshot is that I haven't been doing much, other than reading and thinking about the state of nature, and...am I right in assuming no one much wants to hear about that? I think I'm right. SCREW YOU GUYS, I'M RIGHT.

Erm, sorry. I guess what I'm hoping is that you will stick with me until the panic subsides and I decide I can leave my room and have fun again. This will be soon, I promise! If for no other reason than that if I don't I will completely and irreversibly lose my mind. And move to the forest with the personification of my tragically unfinished and madness-inducing papers. I shall name him Chuck, and we will be happy together, living off of the fruit of the Tree of Ignorance.

No comments:

Post a Comment