Saturday, September 11, 2010

Unattractive

I spent the morning repacking all of my clothes for the next year because I decided that it was embarrassing to have so much stuff. Of course, I'll probably be equally embarrassed to spend twelve months wearing the same four outfits over and over. This is what I ended up with:

Bulky
Just as I was finishing up, my mother came downstairs and said that she had a present for me. Despite destesting surprises, I still like presents and this was an exciting prospect. What could it be? Some new earrings? A big, thick novel for the plane? A blank check to help with some inevitable financial difficulty?

It was not any of those things.










I had kinda felt this coming, as my mother's urge to protect me fetched up against the hard reality of an entire ocean separating her from her wigging daughter. And Edinburgh does have its issues with muggings. But...really?



 I don't think I'll ever recover my pride.

1 comment: